1. In a recent study, 52% of Americans (that were polled) believed doing their taxes was easier than figuring out how to eat healthy.
2. Only 3 in 10 Americans believe that all sources of calories play an equal role in weight gain.
3. 75% of Americans say they choose products that are lower in total fat at least sometimes.
4. Data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture found that in 2011 the average American consumed nearly one ton of food. That’s 1,996 pounds of food a year.
5. The study also revealed some other interesting numbers. Americans ate: 632 lbs. of dairy products – 31.4 lbs. of that is cheese. 415.4 lbs. of vegetables. The most popular choices are corn and potatoes. 273 lbs. of fruit.183.6 lbs. of meat and poultry.
6. At least 1 in 4 people eat some type of fast food every day.
7. Americans consume 31% more packaged food than fresh food.
8. Healthiness of the food we eat decreases by 1.7% for every hour that passes in the day.
9. Over 10 billion donuts are consumed in the US every year.
10. 20% of all American meals are eaten in the car.
11. Americans spend 10% of their disposable income on fast food every year.